Day 25

I scared myself today. On purpose. There's a skyscraper up north that's several hundred feet tall, surrounded by many square blocks of parking lot and 2-story buildings. And today, I went to the top floor.

It's been years since I've tried to get up the courage to ride the elevator up that monster, but today was different. I came to town with my girlfriend because she has a job interview. We decided that the best way to spot the building where her interview was at would be the top of the really tall building. Seems we were wrong; you can't tell a shack from an office building from that height.

So we rode the elevator up and I sat at the top floor long enough to stop shaking and open my eyes. Then, after another 10-minute fit of violent shakes I stood up and walked around the top-floor observation deck. It took us about an hour before I was ready to brave the elevator back down.

Now it's time to go to sleep and dream really random things because of that trip up the elevator. Usually, fear makes my imagination run wild. The problem is that my mind is so dark the dreams can be more frightening than what my mind is running away from in the first place.

Other times I just dream of flying.

I like flying.

Day 25 of 100 - Summary: Vertigo only affects you when you're awake; being high up while unconscious, though, can be fun.

1 comment:

Annie said...

i love you that you are adventurous. I cant wait to go to nyc with you and enjoy the sites there.