Day 26

I took a nice long drive today. I was upstate with my girlfriend so she could have a job interview. She got the job, by the way.

Afterwards, we took the time to drive out to the beach in celebration. We took some time to walk up and down the beach and sat down on a rock to watch the sunset. It had been a long day after a night of little to no sleep and we were elated to be spending time together in a relaxing environment.

Before we got back to the car I took some time to buy a rather large carbonated soda. I've been getting an average of 4-5 hours of sleep per night (when I sleep at all) and was not looking forward to the 3 hour drive I had ahead of me. My girlfriend got in the passenger side of the car and made herself comfortable while I found a radio station with up-beat music to keep me awake.

Then, with her sleeping next to me I made the midnight trek back home with the radio on and the window down. I decided against using cruise control, too, in efforts to give myself more to pay attention to during the drive. We successfully made it in one piece.

I don't remember the last two hours of the drive. The dreams I had were quite vivid, though.

Day 26 of 100 - Summary: Sleep deprivation is akin to intoxication; so don't drive!

No comments: