Day 12

I spent the whole day at my girlfriend's house today. It was relaxing to finally be able to sleep in and not really worry about anything for an entire day. I woke up late, made myself a small breakfast, and settled back to watch TV while I worked sporadically on my homework. It was relaxing to do next to nothing except for the commercials, where I would actually mute the television to work on my reports.

I was disappointed though, a friend of mine had led me to believe my favorite TV show started its new season today. Unfortunately, he was wrong. It doesn't start until next Sunday. Oh well, life shall go on without the show.

As I said, today did not consist of much, but my girlfriend tried a new recipe for ribs for dinner. It was orange-ginger-bbq or something like that. I have to admit, it was excellent! We had bought what we thought was a rack of ribs for $6 last weekend and put it in the freezer. To our surprise, the rack of ribs was actually two racks; one was stacked on top of the other.

To think, last time I bought a single rack of ribs for $13. What a waste of money.

The ribs we had tonight were great. We went to the movies after she got done with work and then came back and put them in the oven to roast slowly. They were tender and the meat melted off the bones (which was good for me. I don't like to actually hold the ribs, they're too messy. So I pull the meat off with a fork and eat it what way).

Other than that, I didn't really accomplish much today. I wrote up a couple of case studies and finished my short story, but neither is really a major accomplishment. I still haven't decided whether or not I want to publish the story. (Author's note: this paragraph is real, as opposed to the rest of the blog, which is fictional.) I might post little sections of the story on my other blog, Unpublished Art, but I'm not sure yet. I'll make a decision by the end of the month.

(Back to the fiction...)Tomorrow I have a big meeting back at home and have to leave early to make it, unfortunately. Considering it's a holiday, I was hoping to spend some more time with my girlfriend.

That, and there's still snow on the ground here.

Day 12 of 100 - Summary: If doing nothing else, watching the snow outside is fun.

No comments: