Day 29

I saw a sign at school today that I agree with whole-heartedly: "Roommates: cant live with them, can't afford to live without them." My current situation satisfies that situation completely, and I really need to correct it soon or I'll end up with a smaller, less decorated room and a new roommate named "Chuck" at the state penn.

My alarm went off at what I thought was its usual morning hour and I hit it, turning it off so I could roll over and get back to sleep. I managed to get another 15 minutes in before I opened my eyes and waited for the alarm again - bad idea. I rolled over and realized that Paul, my roommate, had set it off by three hours. I thought it was 7 in the morning. But no, I had been woken up at 4am.

I got back to sleep and then woke up to my cellphone alarm at 7 like I had planned. I begrudgingly showered and got dressed without shaving. The lack of sleep caused by the bad alarm made it hard to care about my appearance. Hence the hooded sweatshirt, torn blue jeans, and mis-matched socks.

I made it to campus and somehow managed to get through my one class in an oddly productive caffeine delirium. I passed the quiz today with flying colors, though I can't remember what it was about, and trucked off to a quick group meeting before lunch. We discussed a whole multitude of things, but I spent the few moments of lucidity I had plotting ways to get back at Paul. I dreamt of several different things, the most graphic of which I'll save you from, but they included everything from duct-taping his door shut to reporting his car stolen and then calling in its location while he was at work to have it impounded. I'm a crafty ass, aren't I?

I hopped back on the train to make my trip back towards home. About halfway there, the fare inspectors came on board and asked to see my transit pass. I casually whipped out my wallet and handed it over to the inspector. He nodded to his partner who rudely pulled me from my seat and pushed me towards the door.

When I protested, the first inspector handed me back my wallet and glared at me.

"Nice try, jerk. Now you're getting a ticket and have to walk home."

I looked at my wallet and, to my surprise, disgust, and downright anger, saw that it was not filled with credit cards, cash, and my ID but with neatly cut pieces of cardboard all labelled: "Ha ha, got you again!"

When the train stopped, the inspectors pulled me off the train and wrote me a $250 ticket. Then I bummed some change off a fellow commuter and used the pay phone to call a friend - the inspectors were watching closely to make sure I didn't get back on the train. The whole ride back to my car at the transit mall I reevaluated my plans to seek revenge on Paul.

I didn't come up with anything until I was getting ready for bed, but I still have to smile when I think about it. My plan is to just not do anything. He'll keep looking over his shoulder, waiting for me to play a prank. I'll just let him sweat in anticipation.

Besides, I put his name on the ticket.

Day 29 of 100 - Summary: Roommates can be mean, but I can be downright evil.

No comments: